JD-United
Hi. Please register to take part.

You do NOT need to use a valid email address.
We respect your privacy.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

JD-United
Hi. Please register to take part.

You do NOT need to use a valid email address.
We respect your privacy.
JD-United
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Basic Plan

Go down

The Basic Plan Empty The Basic Plan

Post  PureLust Thu Dec 29, 2011 6:07 am

Here's the basic plan:

1. Recruit as many marshals and warlords as possible from the larger alliances in Shura.

2. Recruit marshals and warlords from Wildlands, Billows and DoomBog. (These servers are next because no-one knows me there, but at least we will have numbers already from Shura.)
    I'm hoping I can get some help with recruiting, but to be honest, I know it's unlikely. Finding the names of marshals and warlords is time consuming, but I have a really good list for Shura, and working on one for Wildlands.

3. Discuss with everyone through this forum about any issues that need to be brought up with PWE.

4. Discuss any changes that should be made to this plan.

5. I (or someone we feel is better suited) will then contact PWE, explaining that we represent the majority of the regular players across all JD servers, and our goals.

6. After that, it really depends how PWE react.

Maybe they will be dismissive, and need to be reminded that the average alliance has maybe 100+ members.
    Even in this early stage we have leaders from 14 different alliances (I'm hoping for 40-50), representing around 1,400 players (4,000-5,000 players if it goes well). When we point out that this is a large percentage of the people who purchase zen, they should take us more seriously.

If they do listen to us, then we can try to discuss with them about the biggest concerns, and hopefully point PWE in the right direction to keep the players happy.

Basically the ultimate goal of this project is to make JD more successful. If we can push PWE to deal with the issues that make players quit, then maybe the population will build up again. Not much fun being an important person in a game no-one plays.
Plus an increased, happy population would also mean a better income for PWE.

If anyone has ideas or feels we should make changes, please say so. As far as I know, this has never been done in an online game before, so it's experimental.

Last edited by PureLust on Fri Dec 30, 2011 2:39 am; edited 1 time in total
PureLust
PureLust
Admin

https://jd-united.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

The Basic Plan Empty Re: The Basic Plan

Post  PureLust Thu Jan 26, 2012 3:25 pm

OK everyone, I think we should act on this in February, or we will never do it.

If you have ANY thoughts about issues, bring it up now, or it could be too late.
Please talk to your alliance, and see what ideas they have too.

Let's not waste this opportunity!

One thing I've been thinking about a lot recently is who/how to contact PWE. I wonder who would be the most receptive to our ideas.

I would also recommend copy/pasting the text below to your own alliance forum, if you have one:
Some of you may already know about this project.

Often people complain about major problems in JD, but spamming in world chat does nothing. It seems that writing tickets does very little too.
So instead of just complaining, a group of us have decided to try to do something about it.

There are a few stages to this project:

1. Bringing people together. So far we've gathered Marshals and Warlords from the larger alliances in all English speaking JD servers into one forum. Right now we have 45 members.

2. Discuss issues that we would like to talk to PWE about.

3. Discuss any changes that need to be made to this plan.

4. Gather our ideas together into one well-written text.

5. Contact PWE, explaining who we are, our goals, and what we would like.

6. This next part really depends on how PWE react. If they listen, great. If they ignore or dismiss us, we will remind them that we represent the majority of paying customers, and it might be in their best interests to pay attention.

Some of the issues we have discussed are bans, serenity jade not working, people charging zen but not receiving it, Empyrian land being promised but still not working, JD Europe not receiving the same content or generous rewards as ZX, and the insane number of bugs that have been around for far too long.

What I'd like is for us to discuss things that you feel need to be brought up with PWE.
Remember, the purpose of this isn't to complain, it's to try to help PWE make JD more enjoyable and successful.
Ultimately, if the players are happy, more people will join, less will leave, and people will spend more.

Of course, this is a long-shot. It's quite possible nothing like this has been done before, but if it does work, it will change JD forever.
PureLust
PureLust
Admin

https://jd-united.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum